Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thanksgiving reservations

I had a very busy day at work today. Not only are we fielding holiday parties, but we are also taking phone-calls for upcoming events, more office parties, Thanksgiving reservations , and christmas ships reservations. I told you we were going into full swing for the holidays. I have already started. I appreciate the interest in the restaurant I work for. We are a good restaurant and located right on the river. I imagine there are a lot of establishments that are reaping the many benefits of the holidays.
If you are reading this right now and you have not done so, MAKE THANKSGIVING RESERVATIONS RIGHT NOW!! If you have any plans of dining out on the river for the christmas ships, MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS RIGHT NOW!! If you are planning on eating on christmas anywhere, MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS RIGHT NOW!! This will help with the quality of experience you have, your girl thinks its sexy when you walk up and say I have a reservation for (Your last name), the table is ready for you, the server is aware of any special requests, the kitchen is ready for you.
To all of my friends, I am sorry. I wish I could be at the movies with you or out to dinner with you. I wish that I could make those holiday plans with you. But here's the deal, I love my job. I love providing my best everyday that I hit that time-clock. I love representing one of the best restaurants in town and being on the cutting edge of exhaustion. On top of that, I am okay being a bachelor at thirty-six. I have some free time, and you know I use that to nap. Then you. Oops. It's the holidays. My family then you. Oh yeah, I'm building a blog, so I periodically add to it, and try to keep on top of it. Who says that there's nothing to do? Right about now, a boring day would be a welcome sight. Like today. Thursday. There are no meetings, no deadlines, there is a test coming up at work so I can work on that. But right now, I am stepping out of the work zone and checking into my blog world. I have added a couple things and I am trying to revamp my blog to my satisfaction. There is a you-tube on the bottom of the page. I have entered keywords to the you-tube search so it should load and keep the videos rotated yet at least partially relating to the page or my personality. I do want to make it clear I did not hand pick any of the you-tube videos. This is put there strictly for your entertainment, I believe there are links all over my page that will help you and direct you in places to go and things to do. Also about one third of the way down the page there is a red box called a widget. If you are not familiar with a widget, it is just a box that I am able to install somthing in. In this case it is a music player. If you like music, you can scroll through it and click on a song, or not. It's already set to shuffle to keep it fresh each time you click on the page. If the music is distracting you, you may turn it to pause. There are little buttons on the top of the music widget that allow you to also forward to the next shuffle song. I am still trying to install a google search bar. I will be oh so happy when I get that accomplished. Picking the colors and the format was fun, getting this off the ground has been a challenge that I have thoroughly enjoyed. I hope that if you come across this blog, you are able to follow it chronologically and see it progress in a direction you enjoy I hope.

No comments: