Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cafe Jennifer

August 26, 2008
Across from Albertson’s on NW 20th in Battle ground Washington in a business plaza sits Café Jennifer. Quietly waiting to serve you up with breakfast and lunch. I am forever passing it by and curious about it for quite some time I finally ventured in this morning. I brought a book and an appetite. Lucky me.
It is an open space with vaulted ceilings and an open dining room. The walls are wood and on the walls hang local artists works and photos. I came into an inviting atmosphere and was intrigued right away. I sipped on piping hot coffee and perused the menu, which to my delight was diverse. I found out through Jennifer’s hospitality that the restaurant had been open now for close to a month. Had it really taken me this long to check out a restaurant that had just opened so close to where I am staying?
My omelet came hot and delicious. I selected one that had green peppers, onions, ham, cheddar and sausage. It was flavorful and filling. The home fries were also from scratch and hit the spot leaving me wishing there was more and my appetite was bigger.
The staff was attentive and kept my water full and I got three refills on my coffee without looking up from my book. The servers are in casual dress wearing jeans and tee shirts. They are friendly and ready to serve. Jennifer did a good job in her service selection; it left me wanting to come back with the luscious combination of genuine service and great food. I even thought to myself the people I could take in to Café Jennifer…now that’s what a restaurant should leave you with right?
I should mention before signing off there is a bar. It serves soda. Yes that’s right, the space that used to be a lounge is now family friendly and boasts root beer on tap. I know some kids that will love that.
So. Family friendly with a down home feel. I’ll see you soon. Should you find yourself in Battleground Washington you now have another recommendation from me. Until we meet again friends-keep smiling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The service was a bit slow. And the children menu portions were small for the price. But they are new. I'm hoping that things get better in a couple of months.