Monday, August 4, 2008

Fatty Patty

You find yourself in Battleground Washington. You are wondering to yourself where do the hungry locals get something to eat for breakfast? I give you Fatty Patty's as an option. You will notice when you walk in there are a lot of locals. They are not dressed up for a fancy breakfast, in fact all they have brought are appetites and friends, family or both. This is a classic locally run diner. For lack of a better word to describe the atmosphere. There is a window for the food to be put up and you can hear the stereo in the kitchen keeping an off beat rhythm to the sharp clank of dishes being bumped and dressed for delivery to chatty guests. The servers are dressed in jeans and tee shirts , talking in loud voices and you will hear "how ya doin' today? Coffee or something to drink for ya? What's it gonna be today?" It's a good time.
On the menu there are half portions available. I recommend that. I have a hearty appetite. I have never left hungry. I like to get one of the omelette's, a half portion, and a biscuit. You may be offered gravy on the side when you place the biscuit order and I would advise it. The biscuit will arrive large and in charge. The food is tasty and if you come in expecting to be fed you will indeed leave satisfied.
I hope this little inside scoop helps you on your way to appreciating a small town feel in Battleground Washington.
After breakfast or sometime during your journey, why don't you go to Lewisville park? The entrance fee is 2.00 $. It's great during the summer. There are large manicured lawns, my friend and I like to bring a blanket and a swim suit. There is a creek near by and it's nice to dip into it and dry off in the sun. I bring a book and Joy and I pack snacks and drinks and soak in the locals and travelers running, dipping, playing, talking and just enjoying the immense park. The park provides baseball, soccer, trails, a creek, lawns, picnic tables, fire pits and trees for shade. You cannot go wrong on a sunny day.
Enjoy.

No comments: